Thursday, December 19, 2019

Featured Book - Winter - Reina Torres



As you guys know, Ms Torres is one of my favorite authors.  I usually one-click her books as soon as they publish, and you better look out if there is a pre-order, I am first in line.  So, I might be just a little bit biased when it comes to her latest release and our featured book for the day.  This book was amazing!  Ms Torres took us on an emotional roller coaster ride, I am not afraid to admit that I cried within the first 2 chapters.  I recommend that you have a box of tissues beside when you sit down with this book, you are going to need it. 

Now to get into the nitty gritty of the book.  There were a few times that I wanted to shake both of these characters for being too stupid to live.  Okay, okay, maybe not too stupid to live, but they were so afraid to lose what they have that neither of them reached out for what they really wanted.  Good thing for the kids or they would go to their graves without their HEA.  I was totally shocked by the ending, but when I think back on it there were clues and it makes it more understandable why Winter held off on pressing his suit.  Uhh no I am not going to tell you, you have to purchase the book to see what I am talking about.

I always enjoy Ms Torres’ PNR books and I love how she even referenced my favorite series, Sylvan City Alphas, in this book.  I can’t wait for more books from that series.  Oh and I saw this morning that Ms Torres is planning on at least 2 more books from Mystic Mountain.  Squeeeeeee!!!!!  So exciting!  I am looking forward to reading those.  Be sure to grab your copy of Winter, you won’t be disappointed and let me know what you think about it.

Happy Reading
Sydney

P.S. Read all of the way to the bottom and enter the giveaway for a book written to the author.





Winter (Mystic Mountain book 1)
Published to Amazon on December 17, 2019
Author Reina Torres




Aaron Winter has waited for nearly two decades to claim his mate and now he has his chance. He’s going to do everything he can to convince Celeste that she’s the only one for him… and his bear.
He’s had two dreams in his life: Turning Mystic Mountain Resort into a getaway for shape shifters and to have Celeste at his side. The town is excited as nearly all the residents are shifters themselves.
Celeste Olwin is at a turning point in her life. She raised her kids as a single mom, with Aaron as her friend and rock. She was already half in love with the man.
But Aaron has always kept his emotional distance from her and after all of this time he’s offering her a dream. There are still some questions she has about him, something she’s sure he’s hiding from her. She’s not sure if she can take that leap, because if he broke her heart now, she’d never survive.
Aaron knows he has to tell her who he really is if this is going to work between them, but to drag up old memories into the darkest night of her life may set her against him forever. Still, he can’t give up.
He’ll move a mountain to prove that he’ll protect her and love her like no one else could, because they were meant to be.



Official published review:
Good things come to those who wait
What an amazing book. Grab your box of tissues, you are in for one emotional read. The author did a fantastic job of showing us what it means to wait. I think these two would have waited forever if the twins hadn’t intervened. Sometimes fear of losing what you have keeps you from reaching out for your destiny. No wonder Winter waited, the big reveal is going to throw you off your game, but it’s not the reveal you’re thinking of. I really enjoyed this book, and yes I cried a few times. This story didn’t need any excitement to keep me glued to the page. The book was so intense that I would have been emotionally devastated if these two hadn’t reached their HEA. I can’t wait to read what the author has in store for us next.
5 stars
A GR BB






Who would have thought that I'd start off as a painfully shy child writing stories and end up as a painfully shy adult writing books and publishing them for others to read? Crazy? That's me!!

When I was a little girl, I read every book I could get my hands on and if I didn't have one available to read, I'd get out my pencils and paper and write down stories and scenes. Waiting for my mom to finish working, I'd duck into the ladies' breakroom and use the typewriter. I'd feel like Jessica Fletcher, happily tap, tap, tapping away until I got to 'The End.' Couldn't quite get the flourish after that and end up tearing the paper, but it was cool and scary to sit down and read the book or give it to my friends to read.

Now my 'typewriter' doesn't clack the same way and the I don't even have paper to pull out of it with a nod of satisfaction, but I have the joy and excitement of sharing my characters and books with people all around the world!

I hope you'll enjoy reading my books, because I'm going to keep writing as long as the characters are feeling chatty!

Author Website:  https://reinatorres.com/



Click HERE to go fill out our form and be entered in a giveaway for a book by this author

No comments:

Post a Comment