Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Merry Christmas



It is so hard to believe that today is Christmas.  Part of that may be the decidedly lack of cold we are having in our area or it might just be because my girls are older, and the childlike joy of the holidays are a thing of the past, either way today does not feel like Christmas.  Today really feels like the beginning of the countdown to the New Year.  I am going to use this week as a time of reflection to look at what I did this year and what I can change to make next year feel a lot more like Christmas.

No matter my personal feelings about this Christmas day, I hope that each and every one of you finds joy and happiness, not under the tree or in a stocking, but with the people who come into your day.  As you sit around the table and look at the people surrounding you, think about what would be if that spot was empty.  Family might bring us drama, but when we are remembering what they were instead of celebrating what they are we can feel a hollow spot in our hearts.

Take this day to reconnect with those in your life and in your heart, the new year will be better because you did.  I hope you all find happiness on this Christmas Day and in the week of reflection to come.

Happy Reading
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment