Sunday, November 1, 2020

Throwback Thursday – Furbidden Attraction – R. O’Leary

 



This week’s Throwback Thursday is one I stumbled upon by accident when I was updating my Elfster wish list.  I held off for a few days, I mean I was even strong enough to put it on my wish list as an option.  But it kept calling to me, and what if no one got it for me and it was just sitting on my wish list forever?  Needless to say, I did not wait, I one-clicked it on Amazon and removed it from my wish list, and what a fantastic read it was!

By the time I had finished the first chapter, I had already returned to Amazon and purchased the rest of the series.  I even put the first 2 books in the next series on my Amazon wish list.  Oh, and I am now stalking the author on all available social media and book sights.  Hmmm…..I hope that’s not going to be a problem. 

This book was amazing!  It put a new spin on shifters and at every turn there was a new kind of danger or a new kind of being.  The story caught my attention until the very end and I am now fully invested in the characters and their HEAs.  I have so many books scheduled to read, but I just can’t escape the series rabbit hole.  I hope this author continues to bring us such wonderful works of fiction to enjoy.  I highly recommend this book and hope you take a chance, like I did, to fall in love.

Happy Reading

Sydney



Furbidden Attraction:  A Small Town Shifter Romance (Raven Falls Cursed Romances book 1)

Published to Amazon on January 30, 2019

Author R. O’Leary

Amazon



Rules are for humans... and he's definitely not human.
 
Louisa moved to Raven Falls to make a better life for herself. But "better" isn't working out so well. Her apartment is a dive, her boss might as well be possessed, and the sweet, injured dog she brought home isn't actually a dog. Not that the exceedingly attractive naked man in her bed isn't a step up--but it would be nice if she knew who the hell he was.

Knee-deep in a dangerous investigation, memories missing, and a bullet wound in his shoulder, Jack is running out of time to figure out who wants him out of the picture. In spite of the danger, Louisa's dark curls and warm vanilla scent ignite a fire within him that he can't quite shake. Sure, he's a shapeshifting monster, but he deserves love as much as the next guy. 

Jack doesn't have time to dawdle with the sassy brunette... unless he takes her with him.

Kidnapped and pissed off, Louisa wants nothing to do with the sexy shifter and even less to do with his secret world of monsters and nightmares. But the longer she spends with Jack, the less she can deny the odd pull between them... even if it is forbidden.

Furbidden Attraction is the first book in the Raven Falls Cursed Romances series. This is a steamy paranormal romance with a snarky kidnapped mate and sexy shifter with amnesia. No cheating, not cliffhangers, with a guaranteed happily ever after!



Official published review:

In the doghouse

I think I just found my new favorite series! The author did an amazing job with this adventure. The characters are fantastic! I love how well developed and believable they are, and the emotions that I felt like they were my own. And I enjoyed the witty repartee between the characters, even the bad guys. It helped to lighten the mood when the story reached a super intense moment. By the end of the book I was completely invested in the characters, and in seeing what happens next. The story was so well written, with smooth transitions and danger and excitement at every turn, that I just couldn’t put it down until the very end. And with an epilogue like that, I can’t wait to see who finds their HEA next.

5 stars

A GR BB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R1XJ7G398XVDX3




R. O’Leary grew up in North Pole, Alaska (no, really). Most of her childhood was spent wrapped in scarves and avoiding the wild moose that liked to hang out in the backyard. She still lives there, wondering daily who she has to bribe to finally get a Dairy Queen within driving distance.

When she’s not spending half the year freezing to death, she’s writing about shifters and aliens and anything else that strolls through her head. She can be found, probably still in her pajamas, chasing the pack of corgis that have claimed her living room as their own.

 

Author’s Website:  https://www.rolearybooks.com/

Author’s Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/ROLearyBooks

Author’s Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/rolearybooks/

Author’s Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/R-OLeary/e/B07NCC811S

Author’s Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/18851732.R_O_Leary

Author’s BookBub:  https://www.bookbub.com/authors/r-o-leary

 

@rolearybooks #tbt #throwbackthursday #furbiddenattraction #pnr #paranormalromance #ravenfallscursedromances #5starreview #nextgreatread #seriesstarter #oneclickauthor


No comments:

Post a Comment