Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Throwback Thursday – Bigfoot and the Librarian – Linda Winstead Jones

 




This Throwback Thursday is just under a year old.  I had actually never heard of this author, but it came across my BookBub feed as a deal, so I figured what the heck.  I mean come on, who doesn’t love a good story about Bigfoot.  I think I have only read one other book about a Yeti shifter and that was from Celia Kyle.

I am so glad that I clicked on the deal to purchase this book.  I just love the town of Mystic Springs and I already have the next 2 available books on my Kindle app and ready to go.  The characters are so endearing.  Even when they are being completely nasty to the non-Springer on the street, they just kind of grab a hold of a little piece of your heart.  I especially enjoyed how the author portrayed this giant hunk of a man as a true gentle giant, in both of his forms.  Even when he was angry all he did was go out tear up some shrubs and run with the wind.

The author kept me reading from start to finish with all of the unexpected little surprises that came from the residents.  I don’t know if I will go back and read her contemporary offerings, you guys know I am more of a paranormal/sci-fi romance lover, but I will be sure to read the rest of the Mystic Springs books.  I really hope that she will writing more of this series.  There is an entire hidden town that need to find their way to their HEAs.

I really hope that you grab a copy of this book and give the author a chance.  I think you will find, like me, that it is the perfect hidden gem.

Happy Reading

Sydney



Bigfoot and the Librarian (Mystic Springs book 1)

Published to Amazon on September 16, 2019

Author Linda Winstead Jones

Amazon



Something in the Water?

Marnie Somerset’s new job at the Mystic Springs Library seems almost too good to be true. Yes, the small Alabama town is populated with more than its share of odd people, and she did have a flat tire on her way into town and hallucinate Bigfoot crossing the road, which made for less than a stellar start. But the library is fantastic, her new house is charming, and the hot local writer keeps crossing her path.

In more ways than one.

Clint Maxwell is drawn to the new librarian, even though he knows getting involved with someone from outside Mystic Springs would be a very bad idea. Marnie’s not a Springer, and she won’t last long in a town awash with magic. Still, when she’s threatened he feels compelled to protect her. Is she meant to be his? Is this the woman he’s been waiting for?



Official published review:

The love of her library

What a new and exciting concept for a shifter. This was my first experience with this author and only my second time reading about a Bigfoot shifter. I love how the author made Bigfoot such a gentle giant and she created the perfect lady for him. Although the townspeople seem mean and hateful, I enjoyed watching their real personalities unfold. The author paired my love of books and the unknown with a dangerous adventure and I absolutely loved it. I have already lined up the next two books in my to be read folder, and I am really looking forward to reading whatever the author creates after that.

5 stars

A GR BB

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/3500397185




Linda's first book, the historical romance Guardian Angel, was released in 1994, and in the years since she's written in several romance sub-genres under several names. In order of appearance, Linda Winstead; Linda Jones; Linda Winstead Jones; Linda Devlin; and Linda Fallon. She's a six time finalist for the RITA Award and a winner (for Shades of Midnight, writing as Linda Fallon) in the paranormal category. Most recently she's been writing as Linda Jones in a couple of joint projects with Linda Howard, and rereleasing some of her backlist in ebook format. 

Linda lives in Huntsville, Alabama. She can be reached at lindawinsteadjonesauthor@gmail.com

 

Author’s Website:  https://www.lindawinsteadjones.com/

Author’s Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/LindaWinsteadJones/

Author’s Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Linda-Winstead-Jones/e/B001H6ER3C

Author’s Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/139575.Linda_Winstead_Jones

Author’s BookBub:  https://www.bookbub.com/authors/linda-winstead-jones

 

#lindawinsteadjones #tbt #throwbackthursday #bigfootandthelibrarian #mysticsprings #nextgreatread #paranormalromance #sorinrisingllc #5starreview


No comments:

Post a Comment