Saturday, March 14, 2020

Featured Series - Spoils of War - Susan Bliler



Today’s Featured Series is written by one of my top five all-time favorite authors. She writes the kind of books where if I’m feeling down or lost, I can just grab any of her books and find myself again. This series has been out for a while, in fact I had read the first book at the time of its release but never got around to reading the rest of them. I can’t believe I left these little treasures to languish in my “To Be Read” folder. What was I thinking?  You’re right!  Clearly I wasn’t thinking.  Good thing I have since remedied that.

Each of these books is so intense in their own way and that intensity just increases with each book. They each feature a strong couple, who are alphas in their own right, and the way they interact as a group is a way I often wish happened in life. Their struggles are real and emotional and just pull you in until you can’t put the book down. I really hope the author continues this series and brings us books for Reign and the twins. I kind of became emotionally invested in the wolves, and vampire, of the WG and I just need to know if they find their mates.  

As read below about the books, you will see my reviews for each. There is also the link to fill out the form and try your luck for a print book by the author and one of my adult book pillows. Be sure to check out this series, you won’t be disappointed. I can’t wait to hear what you think!

Happy Reading 
Sydney 




Spoils of War (Spoils of War book 1)
Published to Amazon on April 2, 2019
Author Susan Bliler


They took her!

Before Alpha wolf shifter, War Vox could explore his odd infatuation with Nora, before he could even consider the implications of his inexplicable draw to the she-wolf who’d been dumped in his territory, she’s ripped away from him. Calling out War is a huge mistake, but taking something from War’s wolf is tantamount to suicide. Nora isn’t War’s to claim, hell, she’s not even a member of his pack, but she is his responsibility and War takes his responsibilities very seriously. War. Wants. Her. Back! Whether Nora wants him or not, War has decided the Imperial pack’s Alpha will pay the price for touching what War and his wolf have decided is theirs. Battle is coming, and it’s coming fast and hard!


Official published review:
Listen to the universe
Wow! Another book to add to my read over and over again list. I don’t think this author has any bad books. I love how War makes a slow change into a more complete alpha when Nora comes into his life. He fought the good fight, but he couldn’t fight his heart. With some help from his friends, he is forced to see what dropped into his lap. A woman who will stand beside him and support him throughout life. The HEA may be long in coming, but it was worth the wait. I can’t wait to read the next book by this author!
5 stars
A GR BB



Tallius (Spoils of War book 2)
Published to Amazon on May 28, 2019
Author Susan Bliler


Enemies!

Tallius knows Mira hates him, and he knows he deserves it. She’s only ever seen the worst of him without ever understanding his motives. The memory of her horror-filled eyes as she watched him destroy her pack’s Beta has stuck with him all this time. For a shifter who doesn’t need to explain himself to anyone, the need to seek out Mira’s understanding and forgiveness has been plaguing him. When her Alpha sets up a meeting between Tallius and Mira at one of the communal shifter cabins, he’s both excited and nervous. How does a man who’s only been seen as a monster change the view of a woman who rightfully despises him?

Mira’s assignment is simple. Attend the mutual meet and give the War Gods Beta her Alpha’s agreement to conform to the new uniform pack laws. Should be simple, right? Yeah, it would be if it weren’t for the fact that the War Gods Beta is Tallius. The last time Mira saw him, she watched in horror as he killed her pack’s Beta. The War Gods attacked during the night, and for the brutality her pack suffered, she’s vowed to hate the WG forever. The meeting with Tallius is just a formality. Give him her new Alpha’s agreement and leave. She should be able to hide her fear and loathing of him long enough to get it done.

When an avalanche tears down the mountain, Mira’s hurt. With no other option, she’ll have to let down her guard and trust Tallius to take care of her. It’s just the opportunity Tallius needs to prove to Mira that he’s more than just the ruthless killer she remembers.


Official published review:
Tell me how you really feel
This author has really outdone herself with this series. Each book is centered on a over the top alpha male and the one woman who stands up to him for her right to be his equal. I especially enjoyed this couple. Neither one of them knew how to meet in the middle, but with some help from their other halves they were able to reach their HEA. The intensity and emotion in this story was fantastic and I can’t wait to see what happens next.
5 stars
A GR BB



Matese (Spoils of War book 3)
Published to Amazon on
Author Susan Bliler


Briar can’t hide the wreckage on her face, but it doesn’t matter. She’s only at the Fortress to deliver her Alpha’s message. That’s it. All she’s got to do is complete her task and get the hell out. But when Briar comes face to face with Matese “The Beast” Lawson, things change. She remembers him. He used to be part of her Yellowstone pack, but he left after a falling out with the Alpha. In her eyes, he’s a traitor. You didn’t walk away from pack; you just didn’t. The fact that he now dares to try and take her prisoner, declaring her as the enemy is outright galling.

Matese Lawson left the Yellowstone to get away from his pack’s callous Alpha and his brutal dictates. Hoping a change would heal his bloodthirsty wolf, Beast, Matese walked away from all he knew. In doing so, he thought he’d left Briar Nolay in his past, but when she shows up in his new pack’s territory, it feels like old ghosts are haunting him. He doesn’t trust her. He should kill her and be done with it, but Beast isn’t having it.


Official published review:
Unveiling the enemy
I thought the last book was my favorite, but I was wrong this one is. I was so caught up in the characters and the story that I was wrecked emotionally by the end. The HEA was a living, breathing entity that I just had to experience. This author has always been one of my favorites, but she has reached a new level in her writing with this book. I really hope that she gives us stories for Reign and the twins, I need to know if they find their ones. No matter what it is, I can’t wait to read the next book by this author.
5 stars
A GR BB




My pack territory is in Central Montana, between Stone Crow Estates and the North Fortress. Born and raised in an untamed location that bridges the gap between rolling prairies and majestic mountain peaks, I am born to a family that also bridges the gap between cultures.
My father's people boast a fiercely proud Scandinavian ancestry while my mother's tribes descend from two savagely beautiful and unique nations (White Clay and Nakoda) that inspire my Skin Walker series.

I'm a huge fan of MMA, boxing, 30 Seconds to Mars, DMX, Nahko and Medicine for the People, and 21 Pilots ("...sometimes quiet is violent"). I also love to read because it encourages me to write. (I hate it when authors add that they love coffee and chocolate. Really? Who doesn't love coffee and chocolate?) Anyway, I love beer...kidding. I don't love beer, but we are engaged in a very serious relationship. (Mom, please don't call me when you read this.)

Please leave feedback....well, only if it's positive. "Keep in mind that I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my sh*t! (Erykah Badu lyrics!)
  
Author’s Website:  https://www.susanbliler.com/
Author’s Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/sbliler


No comments:

Post a Comment