Monday, July 6, 2020

Book Aversary - Taken - Susan Bliler




As you guys can tell by my blog, I love to share new books with you, but I still have a love for the older books.  I usually only get to share the older books on special occasions, like Throwback Thursday, Wordy Wednesday, and sometimes even on Fan Friday.  But I read my favorite older books over and over and over again, and I feel like some of my favorite books and series are getting left out in the cold.  In an effort to show my continuing appreciation to the authors, I am going to start celebrating their Book Aversaries.  I know it sounds funny, but what else could I call it?

 

To make it universal, I decided to get the original published date from Goodreads.  I apologize now if any of the books were originally published prior to Goodreads.

 

So, what is going to happen on these joyous occasions?  Well, I will be sharing old cover images, details on the books, and my reviews, as well as giving away an Amazon ebook copy to one reader.  Sorry US readers only for this one guys.  All you have to do is comment on my Facebook or Instagram post where I shared the blog.  The drawing will run for a week and then I will notify the winner.

 

I’m so excited!  I can’t wait to share these books with you.  I have so many favorite series, and books, that I have split them up over the next several years, so we can truly appreciate and celebrate the individual Book Aversaries.  This year we will be celebrating the following series on their Book Aversaries:

Skin Walkers – Susan Bliler

New Species – Laurann Dohner

Awakening Pride – Lacey Thorn

The Holloways – Lacey Thorn

Bewitched & Bewildered – Alanea Alder

Leopards – Christine Feehan

Shadow Riders – Christine Feehan

 

So, without further ado, let’s get right to our first Book Aversary celebration.  We get to start with one of my all time favorite series, the Skin Walkers by Susan Bliler.  The lucky book today is book eleven in the series and was originally published on July 16, 2016.  Taken has only had one cover edition, according to Goodreads, but with such a fantastic cover it doesn’t need to be changed.

 

I really love this book!  It is one of three storylines that are running at the same time, so while it can be read as a stand-alone, you really need to read at least book ten in order to get the full effect and understand what is going on. 

 

We get to see so many things happen to change the Skin Walkers existence during this story and we are able to learn a little bit more about the Keepers.  There are several books I would love to see come from this one, but that is up to the muse of the author.  But seriously, who wouldn’t want to read more about the super alpha Keepers and Ash really needs his own story, it seems like there could be a little drama there just waiting to unfold.  At least I think so.

 

If you haven’t read this book before, I highly recommend it.  Heck I recommend it even if you have read it before.  And what better wat to celebrate with the author than by grabbing yourself a copy today.

 

Happy Reading

Sydney



Taken (Skin Walkers book 11)

Published to Amazon on July 6, 2016

Author Susan Bliler

Amazon



Nyree was thriving as the best female Sentry assigned to the Skin Walker teams. Placed on special assignment, she was flattered to have been chosen to train the Keepers who’d just arrived at the Estate. Keepers were different from the Walkers she’d been trained with. Highly aggressive toward females, she found out too late that Keeper aggression was sexual and not a disdain for the female species. Paired with a Keeper, Rohmulus, who clearly despises her, Nyree is shocked that when the Estate comes under attack, Rohm opts to protect her above all others, including himself.

Rohm, like all Keepers has been warned by the Ruling Keeper, Fatal, to keep his hands off the human female assigned to train them. When she is paired with him though, the hunger that he’d been holding at a slow simmer boils over. Taken captive, their captors abuse Nyree to get action from Rohm, and he’ll do whatever it takes to keep Nyree from harm even if it means gifting her a part of his very soul.




Official published review:

Light up my life

This book is such a fantastic new journey for the Skin Walkers series. I love that we got to see Nyree find her place and her person. The characters in this series just manage to cross over each book perfectly making me more and more invested in them and the search for their HEAs. The action in this book was moving from the first page and even once we reached the epilogue the author set us up just right for the next book in the series. I hope we get to see more of the Keepers and when they find their lights. But no matter what the author comes up with next I’m sure to love it.

4 stars

A GR BB

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2CWI7V67DQRHH





My pack territory is in Central Montana, between Stone Crow Estates and the North Fortress. Born and raised in an untamed location that bridges the gap between rolling prairies and majestic mountain peaks, I am born to a family that also bridges the gap between cultures.

My father's people boast a fiercely proud Scandinavian ancestry while my mother's tribes descend from two savagely beautiful and unique nations (White Clay and Nakoda) that inspire my Skin Walker series.

I'm a huge fan of MMA, boxing, 30 Seconds to Mars, DMX, Nahko and Medicine for the People, and 21 Pilots ("...sometimes quiet is violent"). I also love to read because it encourages me to write. (I hate it when authors add that they love coffee and chocolate. Really? Who doesn't love coffee and chocolate?) Anyway, I love beer...kidding. I don't love beer, but we are engaged in a very serious relationship. (Mom, please don't call me when you read this.)

Please leave feedback....well, only if it's positive. "Keep in mind that I'm an artist and I'm sensitive about my sh*t! (Erykah Badu lyrics!)

Author’s Website:  https://www.susanbliler.com/
Author’s Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/sbliler
Author’s Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/susan_bliler/
Author’s Amazon:  https://www.amazon.com/Susan-Bliler/e/B0064C7QPU
Author’s Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/19025204.Susan_Bliler
Author’s BookBub:  https://www.bookbub.com/authors/susan-bliler



Be sure to go and comment on my Facebook or Instagram post to enter the drawing for a copy of the Amazon ebook.

 


@susan_bliler #bookaversary #taken #skinwalkers #favoriteseries #favoriteauthor #celebration #winanebook #oldiebutgoodie


No comments:

Post a Comment