Friday, January 10, 2020

Article – Celebrating a Book Birthday



I’m sure you have all noticed that I have been celebrating a lot of Book Birthdays so far, this year.  It’s something that I started at the end of last year and I fully intend to continue and grow as my blog grows.  There are so many things that go into celebrating a book birthday.




The first is choosing the book to celebrate. 
Right now, I am celebrating the books based on if I have pre-ordered them or not.  I did tell you guys I was selfish and mostly worried about myself.  Of course, I hope to grow this part of my blog, so I will also celebrate ones that I have received an ARC for and if someone asks me to celebrate a particular book I will do that also.  Just because I might not want to purchase a book doesn’t mean that you guys don’t.


Once I choose the book, then I have to create the post.
I create my fancy birthday picture,


research the book so I can add the blurb and purchase links to the post, 


if I review it then I add my review and the link if it is available before the post goes live,


then I take the time to research the author and provide you their bio and links to connect with them at. 


Wow!  And that is just for one book birthday.  Usually there are several to celebrate on one day, so it can be time consuming.  Of course, I try to pre-make any posts that I can so on the day of I just have to add my review link and publish the post.  But it is so very worth it when I hear you guys have enjoyed reading the same books I do.  Plus, I just love to celebrate the things and people who bring me happiness.

I hope you decide to celebrate many a book birthday with me.  Just drop me a line if there is a particular book you would love for me to throw a celebration for.  Hey, you never know, one of us might just find our next favorite author.

Happy Reading
Sydney 


No comments:

Post a Comment