Thursday, January 16, 2020

Article – To audio book or to not audio book?



What are your thoughts on audio books?
Myself I am not really a fan.  I think it’s because I have this unfailing ability to drown out everything around me when I get focused on a task.  Which is fine when you are listening to music, but when you last thing you remember hearing is the couple meeting and suddenly they are at the HEA with 2.5 kids it can be just a little bit frustrating. 




I realize this is probably an issue unique to only me, but I would prefer an eBook any day.  Then at least I know my time just needs to be focused on the story.  I am still of the old school where I love a print book, but I find that it is just so much easier to use an eBook.  How else are you going to be able to take 1,000 books with you and still fit clothes in your luggage?  Yes, I know my Kindle app on my iPad mini 5 (picture below) is OCD organized, but I like to have my favorites at my fingertips.  Plus, it helps me remember what books I actually own.  Just ignore the bookshelves around my house, I cannot survive without the smell of old books in the air.  ๐Ÿ˜Š






No matter which method you prefer – audio book, eBook, or print book – I hope that you continue to enjoy reading.  I would love to hear your preferred method though.  What’s that saying?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Happy Reading
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment