Sunday, January 5, 2020

Article – New Year, New Reading Challenge Goal



How many of you are participating in the Goodreads Reading Challenge this year?  I am, although my goal may be a little ambitious at 1,000 books.




No, you didn’t read that wrong.  When I first stumbled onto the challenge in 2018, I was kind of late to the game and figured I would start little.  My goal was 50 books, I ended up reading 580 books.




I figured I would go a bit bigger in 2019, as I was starting in January and had the entire year to read.  My goal was 800 books, and imagine my surprise when I ended up reading 872 books.




I decided I would push myself a little harder this year and set my goal at 1,000 books.  You are probably wondering if I expect to get anything else accomplished this year.  The answer is yes.  I have a full-time job, am a costumer, do a lot of charity work, and am raising 2 daughters and 2 dogs.



Plus let’s put this in perspective.  I am a blogger of romance novels, yes, those books I lovingly refer to as smut.  My shortest book read in 2019 was 26 pages and the longest was an anthology with 1,548 pages.




According to Goodreads, I read 161,467 pages during the course of the year.  That is so amazing!  I know I did it, but I can’t even really fathom reading that many pages.




I don’t know if I will be able to reach my goal of 1,000 books this year, as life so often gets in the way.  But I am going to do my best, starting with one book at a time.




Please feel free to share your reading goal with me.  I love to hear about active readers, and not so active readers, my daughter’s goal is to read 25 books this year.  Here’s hoping.  😊  No matter what your goal is, have fun and enjoy the many journeys you will take while trying to reach it.

Happy Reading
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment