Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Packing my bags to head to the mountains


Packing my bags to head to the mountains 



A Mate’s Wish:  (Ouachita Mountain Shifters, book 0.5)
Published to Amazon on December 16, 2014
Author P. Jameson



This book came to be me in a round about way, I was lucky enough to pick up several books from this author for Free.  Unfortunately this, the true start of the series, was not one of them.  Once I discovered that, I just had to go pick it up before I could start reading the other books I had already gotten.  I am not disappointed!

I thoroughly enjoyed this book!  It is a new kind of shifter story where the shifters have come from a place where family and mate vows are not part of the norm for the males.  The females are basically mated with or without love, children are created and then left to their own defenses in the human world, the females are forced to watch their mates continue to cat around (excuse the pun) and the sense of family is not there.  All of the elders are now gone and it is up to the, now adult, children to try to overcome what they saw happening with the adults in their clan when not really having a basis of reference for what family is supposed to look like.

I am looking forward to seeing what is in store for this clan in the future.  Click on the book above to get your copy and start reading this fabulous new take on a shifter clan.


Official published review:
Packing my bags to head to the mountains 
It is so hard to break from the conditioning of our youth, but this book gives us hope that it is possible. Beth never thought she would see the man she loved after his disappearance when they were kids. Renner loves Beth with all of his heart, but didn’t even recognize her when he sees her again. What’s a cat shifter to do?  Renner has to fight the path that all other cat shifters take in order to forge his own path to happiness and love. The path maybe fraught with tears and pain, but when your heart is on the love line you play for keeps and your HEA. I look forward to reading the next book in the series. 
4 stars 

Happy Reading
Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment