Friday, January 4, 2019

Finding a little bit of Karma and a new main squeeze in the country


Finding a little bit of Karma and a new main squeeze in the country 



Karma Inc. (Karma Inc Files book 1)
Published to Amazon on July 14, 2015
Author Melanie James




This book was a little hard for me to finish, but not for the reasons that you are thinking.  I saw too much of myself in Kelly.  Here Kelly is, a nice woman who is going about her business being a witch and teacher, then bam!  She has a rough night and who should swoop in, her bestie Ezzy with some grand idea of Karma.  Now Karma is not a bad thing, but I feel you should let it happen naturally on its own. 

Kelly would have eaten her ice cream had a good cry and rant if left to her own devices, but Ezzy leads her to taking a more active role.  And what do you know, karma happened, and it felt great, so why not do it again to help someone else.  That is until they meet someone new, then their karma seems to get a bit more dangerous.  Several times in this book Kelly tried to turn them back around, but each time she was gently lead astray, and the worst part is that Kelly was made to feel like she was completely on board with it all.  Good thing Ezzy finally let the class onto how she really feels about their new partner.

Only at the end, with some help from her new main squeeze, a lot of friends who are more like family, and her actual family is she able to pull them all back on the right track.  I can totally relate to this story, I was 100% fine on my own, making my slow progress towards my goal.  Then in pops the distractor who set me to work on their goal with the guise that it is also my goal.  For a while it was working, but then I took a giant leap back from my own goal and back slid something terrible.  Only now am I back to seeing that I might be the turtle in this path towards my goal, but at least I will eventually get there using the right methods for me and it will mean so much more.  Of course, I have yet to find a main squeeze to aid and support me on my path, but that’s okay it will happen when it is meant to.  😊

I both loved and hated this book in equal measure.  I know you are asking, so is this a book you recommend or not?  I would totally recommend this book to you to read!  I loved it because the heroine manages to connect with her main squeeze and save the day while getting her HEA, it also made me look deep into myself and was the push for turning my 2019 into the path I have always been working towards.  I hated it because it made me look deep into myself and see that others mean well, but you truly need to do what is best for you.  If they are meant to be on your journey with you then they will be if not then they will slowly drop away.

Click on the book above to grab your copy and see what you make of Kelly and her motley crew.

Official published review:
Finding a little bit of Karma and a new main squeeze in the country 
I love this book!  The motley crew of Karma Inc are a riot!  The more people they pick up along the way, the funnier they get. Not to fear though, they use their powers for good. Until they meet someone new, but the crew of Karma Inc won’t be oppressed for long. They root out the evil in their midst and save the day all while making new friends and finding out that Werebears are the perfect mates for witches. I can’t wait to see what this coven gets into next.
4 stars 

Happy Reading 
Sydney 
A GR BB

No comments:

Post a Comment