Saturday, July 13, 2019

Deceived - Evangeline Anderson


Warming our hearts



Deceived:  Brides of the Kindred 24
Published to Amazon on July 13, 2019
Author Evangeline Anderson




I love the tales of the Kindred.  Each book is this grand novel that takes us through many different kinds of adventure and adversity before finding its way to the HEA.  This particular one was a little difficult to read, not because we actually had a blow by blow of the atrocities, but because they alluded to what was going on.  I am a sympathetic reader, so I tend to take on the characters’ pain like it is my own.   It made for some very cringe worthy moments when I was reading the book.  But I got through it and the excitement just kept getting better the further along I read in the book.  The author did a fantastic job for setting up her next novel and she made sure we knew that this couple make it to their HEA.

I can’t wait to see what happens in the next book, but for all of you I recommend you grab a copy of this one today.  You won’t want to miss it.

Official published review:
Warming our hearts
This book is not for the faint of heart.  Before we get anywhere near the HEA we have to live through the characters’ pain.  The author has made this woman so strong that she is able to withstand more than most could bear.  But she does it, and she manages to keep her softness about her as she does.  Dark is an anomaly to her, and what she thought was a robot, but in the end, they manage to overcome so much to find their way through the pain and to each other.  I love that we get to see them both slowly heal and grow close.  I also like that there is a story thread written underneath the love story, a path that will continue the Kindred tales through many more books.  I am looking forward to the newt book in the series.
4 stars

Happy Reading
Sydney
A GR BB BS

No comments:

Post a Comment