Monday, July 15, 2019

The Underground: The Complete Series - Jenika Snow


A slowly building intensity 



The Underground:  The Complete Series
Published to Amazon on February 4, 2019
Author Jenika Snow




This box set can be considered nothing less than a win for Ms Snow. It took me a little bit to read all three books because, as you know, I prefer not to get box sets as I like to flit between different authors, sub-genres, and stories. I do like the cheaper price that goes with reading a box set though. Honestly, as many books as I purchase, my wallet would probably prefer them. 

This particular box set was the perfect balance. The first book was a very gradual build up to both the relationship and the HEA. The second book was a little more fast paced and just that little bit more of intensity. By the time I reached the third book, I was loving all of the characters and I especially enjoyed the dominance of the last book. The third book was really my favorite of the series. I love that these two are both yearning for that connection and redemption, but have been hurt before and are afraid of a repeat. Thank goodness for loyalty and love or these two may still be longing for their HEA. 

I think you guys are going to enjoy these books. Click on the book above to grab the entire box set on Amazon today. 

Official published review:
Something fierce 
Fight to the finish 
What a sweet little love story. True to form, for this author, this couple has an instant connection. Unlike in previous books though, these two ignore it until situations change. I really enjoyed this book, the author made it very realistic and the HEA was worth the angst. I look forward to reading the next book. 
4 stars 

His wrath
The fighter is a softy
I think the author may have outdone herself with this book. She covered so many touchy subjects and conveyed that everyone’s path to overcoming tragedy is different. I love the HEA and the fact that these two made their way to each other. It gives me hope for everyone who has suffered in their pasts. I’m looking forward to the next book. 
5 stars 

Deeper
Redemption is within reach 
This has to be my favorite book of the series. These two may meet under less than ideal conditions, and have to overcome a terrible rough patch due to the past, but in the end they find their HEA. They also learn that the road to redemption may be long, but you don’t really find the way until you believe that you deserve it. I really can’t wait to read the next book by this author. 
5 stars 

Happy Reading 
Sydney 
A GR BB

No comments:

Post a Comment