Monday, July 15, 2019

Featured Author - Reina Torres


Featured Author
Reina Torres




Our next author in the line-up is Reina Torres.  Ms Torres is one of those versatile authors who manages to expand her chosen genre.  Now don’t misunderstand me, all of her books are romance books, but she writes all of these subgenres:
Historical, Sweet, Contemporary, Romantic Suspense, Western, Shifter, and Paranormal
Myself, I lean towards the shifter and paranormal romance with a dash of contemporary thrown in for good measure, but Ms Torres has a little bit of something for everyone.


Ms Torres is also one of those authors who works in collaboration to bring us some of the collections we love.  She has several books in the Howls Romance World, along with Bad Alpha Dads and even one in Milly Taiden’s Paranormal Dating Agency World.





Her PDA contribution is actually my favorite one of her books, so far.  Too much to Bear just happens to be from my favorite of her series as well, her Sylvan City series.  (While I was researching for this blog, I saw that she is planning on writing at least two more in this series.  Squee!!!!  I don’t know how long that will take, but I will be anxiously waiting.)

Boone is just the perfect alpha male.  He took on a bunch of kids, giving them a chance they would never have had, then he gets help from the infamous Gerri Wilder to find his mate.  Lucky for him, she ends up loving those boys like they are her own.  They might have a few rough spots along the way (really what good romance novel doesn’t), but the love they find is something to build on and destined to last.


Too Much to Bear:  Paranormal Dating Agency


Maybe I just really have a thing for bear shifters?  Umm??  Have you read her Orsino Security books from the Howls Romance collection?  Three hot brothers who just happen to be bear shifters.  Um yummy!  If you haven’t read them, you really need to pick up Her Unbearable Protector to get started.  This book just catches all of those feel good vibes that create a fabulous reading experience.  A strong alpha male who knows his mate on sight, an equally strong female who is trying to make her mark on the world, and death threats galore.  What more could we ask for?  Oh, a HEA?  Well this is Ms Torres, a HEA is a given.  Did I mention this book includes high fashion?  I just know you are going to love it!

Her UnBearable Protector:  Howls Romance (Orsino Security book 1)


Okay, that’s enough from me.  Let’s learn a little bit more about Ms Torres by getting right to the questions and answers from her interview.

 When did you first realize you wanted to be an author?
Ah.. the loaded question – I’ve always written books. I used to take construction paper and make little books. A few words on each page and then an illustration. I used to sit in the garage to do it during the summer because… phew! It was HOT!  I always loved sharing my stories with others. I’m somewhat addicted… okay, delete ‘somewhat’… I’m addicted to feedback from readers. So, I guess being an author and publishing is me wanting to connect more with readers!

 How long does it typically take you to write one of your books?
You never know!  I have stories in my head, or in a file, from YEARS ago… and mainly it’s just that some stories need to percolate a little longer. There are some books that I sit down to write, and things just flow and a few weeks later, I’ve got a draft!

 Do you usually write one book at a time or do you find yourself working on multiple books as your muse takes you?
Both!  Sometimes it’s just the one story pushing me for a completion. Sometimes, like at this moment, I’ve got four muses dividing up my time. It’s very loud in my head.

 What is your work schedule like when you are writing?
I grab the time when I can get it. I end up writing on my phone a lot. When I get somewhere early, I’ll open a document from dropbox and work on it. When I can catch other authors online, I love to do sprints. Writing is generally a solitary pursuit, so connecting with other authors to keep ‘on track’ really helps.

 What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
So many… there’s not enough time… When I tell people I need to write faster, I usually hear that I should try Dragon or one of the dictation programs. The problem with that is that when I say the text out loud, I do accents. It’s probably from spending so many years in Theater, but it happens. The same when I talk to a friend on the phone. If they’re from another area and have an accent from their region, I’ll hang up and continue to speak in that accent.
So, dictation programs are a no-go because it really doesn’t understand me.

 Where do you get your information or ideas for your books?
Everywhere. Things that happen to me can spark an idea or an experience from a friend. News stories. History books. Random online pictures. Funny signs. Songs. I don’t think I’ll ever run out of things to write, just the time.

When did you write your first book and how old were you?
When I was in elementary school? If I didn’t have dance class I would wait at my mom’s Post Office for her to finish working and the women’s locker room had a table with a typewriter. So, I’d get my folder paper from my 3 ring binder and put it in the machine and start typing. It was a story about two young girls who solved crimes. The characters were based on myself and my best friend. You can probably tell that I was a Nancy Drew fan.


What do you like to do when you are not writing?
Spend time with my family. Listening to music. READING. Movies. When I travel I love museums! LOVE LOOOOVE museums.

What does your family think of your writing?
My son doesn’t tell his friends. He doesn’t want them to think he should be ‘experienced.’ My parents aren’t readers, so I’m a genetic anomaly (recessive at least).

 What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?
That people enjoyed the stories in my head.

 Out of all of the books that you have written, which is your favorite?
Don’t have one… that’s like asking me which child is my favorite. Oh, wait… I only have one of those. But I’ve got a bunch of books lol. I do think that I’d say “Always, Ransom” for the fact that it was the first book written with my characters. Before that my books were part of Kindle Worlds and had, in part, characters from another Author’s World.

Always Ransom (Three Rivers Express book 1)


What do you think makes a good story?
Conflict/Resolution. It’s what makes the world move… If everyone is happy all the time, there’s nothing to hope or dream for. Things have to go wrong so we know when they ‘go right.’ And for romance to thrive and relationships to work, they have to be tested.

As a child, what did you want to do when you grew up?
Well, I never really thought of becoming a published author, although the librarians from my elementary and middle schools would tell you they knew I would. The job that I dreamed of doing was teaching. I’ve taught pre-school. Dance. Civics. Taught other teachers. Scouts. Thousands of kids and adults at museums. And I think I’ll always love sharing information and teaching, but I also love what I’m doing now… so I’m a happy camper in that respect.
  
Wow!  Ms Torres is a woman after my own heart.  I love hitting the museums and learning all about history, I’m pretty sure Aidan (aka Siri) hates me (I’m thinking I should not have to yell to get his attention, but I could be wrong) and I love to teach (although my students don’t always like to learn).  But Ms Torres far surpasses me in what matters most.  She is able to write grand adventures and bring joy to so many readers, myself included.  I love how her mind works and the hours of escape she provides.

If you are new to Ms Torres, you could not choose a better book to start with then her newest release, Justice for Miranda.  I absolutely loved this book!  Miranda and Trace are the perfect couple, okay their relationship is a little complicated, but when it matters most they have each other’s backs.  I loved the depth of the emotions and the complexity of the storyline.  It was one of those books I didn’t want to end, even though I was desperate to see the HEA.

Justice for Miranda (Police and Fire:  Operation Alpha)


Ms Torres, thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to be our Featured Author for the month of August.  I Can’t wait to see what fantastic story you come up with next.

Happy Reading
Sydney

Be sure to send me an email (sydneyn06@yahoo.com – subject: Reina Torres book OR instant message me on my FaceBook page) to be entered into a drawing for a copy of The Tiger’s Innocent Bride.
This drawing is run by Romance Reader’s Guide to passion.

Next Featured author:

Milana Jacks


No comments:

Post a Comment